• Sound can be deceiving. Over time your
hearing ‘comfort level’ adapts to higher
volumes of sound. So after prolonged
listening, what sounds ‘normal’ can actually
be loud and harmful to your hearing. To
guard against this, set your volume to a safe
level before your hearing adapts and leave
To establish a safe volume level:
• Set your volume control at a low setting.
• Slowly increase the sound until you can
hear it comfortably and clearly, without
Listen for reasonable periods of time:
• Prolonged exposure to sound, even at
normally ‘safe’ levels, can also cause hearing
• Be sure to use your equipment reasonably
and take appropriate breaks.
Be sure to observe the following guidelines
when using your headphones.
• Listen at reasonable volumes for
reasonable periods of time.
• Be careful not to adjust the volume as your
• Do not turn up the volume so high that
you can’t hear what’s around you.
• You should use caution or temporarily
discontinue use in potentially hazardous
Any changes or modications made to this
device that are not expressly approved by
Philips Consumer Lifestyle may void the user’s
authority to operate the equipment.
This product complies with the radio
interference requirements of the European
• Never install this product in a conned
space. Always leave a space of at least four
inches around the product for ventilation.
Make sure that curtains or other objects
never cover the ventilation slots on the
• Do not mix batteries (old and new or
carbon and alkaline, etc.).
• Remove batteries if they are exhausted or
if the remote control is not to be used for
a long time.
• Batteries contain chemical substances, they
should be disposed of properly.
• The device may contain a coin/button
type battery, which can potentially be
swallowed. Keep the battery out of reach
of children at all times! If swallowed, the
battery can cause serious injury or death.
Severe internal burns can occur within two
hours of ingestion.
• If you suspect that a battery has been
swallowed or placed inside any part of the
body, seek immediate medical attention.
• When you change the batteries, always
keep all new and used batteries out of
reach of children. Make sure that the
battery compartment is completely secure
after you replace the battery.
• If the battery compartment cannot be
completely secured, discontinue use of the
product. Keep out of reach of children and
contact the manufacturer.
Listen at a moderate volume.
• Using headphones at a high volume can
impair your hearing. This product can
produce sounds in decibel ranges that may
cause hearing loss for a normal person,
even for exposure less than a minute. The
higher decibel ranges are offered for those
that may have already experienced some